Welcome to Beyond Therapy virtual clinic! We are excited to be on this new Telehealth journey with you. We are adapting and responding to provide the best accessible therapy services!
If you are unable to make it into the clinic for any reason we have options for you!! We serve all of Florida! Below is information about Telehealth and what you will need to do to get set up for telehealth.
WHAT IS TELEHEALTH? Telehealth is the use of telecommunications technologies for providing healthcare services. Using this telehealth modality for
therapy may include but is not limited to Therapeutic interventions, evaluations, consultations, treatment planning, Patient training and education, etc.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR PATIENTS? With the use of Telehealth, therapists can continue to provide uninterrupted therapy services that are medically necessary when barriers arise including
illness, travel, schedule conflicts, distance, and more recently coronavirus pandemic. Patients have the opportunity to still receive continuity of care without setbacks in their progress.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH TELEHEALTH Patient sessions will still focus on current care plans similar to their typical clinical session. Coaching, instruction and demonstration will be implemented with
the patient and important for home carryover and progress. Key components for successful outcomes include patient and caregiver involvement and participation in the session.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Insurance that approves telehealth therapy (currently included are Medicaid MMAs, Orlando Healthcare, Tricare, Cigna, UHC, UMR). We will update you on the quickly changing plan coverage. Private pay is always an option as well.
- You must have Internet connection to be able to log in to HIPAA compliant platform DOXY.me
- you must have a computer, laptop, Ipad, phone or other device with camera and audio capabilities
- you must complete the Telehealth Consent form (found on our website or we can email it to you)
PAYMENT OPTIONS Copays/coinsurance payments will be made simple with a credit card authorization form and ZELL option.
There are two items for you to complete as soon as possible:
- Complete the Telehealth Consent Form. This can be emailed to you or found on our website and emailed back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed 4078579566.
- Your therapist may be using Doxy.me or another platform for telehealth.
- If using Doxy.me: You will. Receive an email invitation from your therapist with a link. Once you click the link you will be prompted to enter the patient’s name.
You will enter into the therapist’s waiting room. Please log in at least 8 minutes prior to the session. This invitation may go to your spam folder, so check there!
Once the therapist is ready for the session they will click on your name and you will be connected through video and audio much like Skype or facetime to begin the therapy session.
- Have fun and get creative about this new way to do therapy! Let’s all try to support one another through this difficult time! We promise to do everything we can to ensure that you and your
child do not regress but we need our help! We need your participation! And we need to be able to stay in business to provide you with continuation of therapy services. By agreeing to try
teletherapy, you are helping us. By allowing us the opportunity to continue to treat you or your child through telehealth, you are creating opportunity for them to make progress.
Please take advantage of this opportunity to continue therapy with your therapist. We have no idea how long we will need to provide services in this modified manner but we must
Try and we must not give up.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com